Do you have a favorite breakfast food? If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you may already know that my absolute favorite breakfast food is oatmeal. However, I am also a big fan of oats in another form… granola! Just like oatmeal, granola can be modified in a multitude of ways so you can never get bored. Use good ingredients and it can be a super healthy breakfast option that comes together in minutes. To mix things up, I added dried apricots to this mix and loved how it turned out! They pair really well with the coconut. Even if you aren’t normally a breakfast eater, you could easily eat this as a snack on its own or else topped with a little milk. Either way, it will be sure to satisfy your hunger as this granola is fulled with fiber, healthy fat, and protein.
Vegan Apricot Coconut Granola
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (can sub almond milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all the ingredients except apricots in a large bowl. Stir until oats coated well with oil mixture.
- Spread oat mixture onto a baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove granola from oven when evenly browned. Once cool, stir in apricots. Serve!