As I nibble on this delicious dark chocolate bark, I wonder how in the world it took me this long to come around. Chocolate “bark” is so delicious and insanely easy to make! Plus, it covers all of our favorite healthy buzzwords – paleo, gluten-free, no-added sugar, all natural, low calorie, etc.
I was craving something a little sweet this weekend, but wasn’t feeling ambitious enough to bake anything. I opened the cupboard to find a couple extra dark chocolate bars and this bark was born!
To jazz up the chocolate, I added some chopped almonds, dried apricots, a dash of coconut flakes, and sea salt. Perfect. I just can’t get over the perfect combination of almonds and apricots. Are you a fan? If not, I hope you’ll try this bark. You’ll be a total convert!
This recipe could be a perfect after dinner treat for any of you making dinner for your special someone on Valentine’s Day.
- 5 oz. dark chocolate
- 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened flaked coconut
- Dash of sea salt
- Melt chocolate on the stove using a bowl fitted over a saucepan of gently boiling water or a double boiler.
- Pour melted chocolate onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Spread out until about 1/8 inch thick.
- Sprinkle chocolate with apricots, almonds, coconut, and salt.
- Chill in the fridge or freezer until hardened. Break apart and enjoy!