An icy cold popsicle is the perfect food for a hot summer day. The only problem is that store-bought popsicles can sometimes be filled with a lot of sugar. Lucky for you, this simple raspberry nectarine popsicle recipe can easily be made at home with just 6 ingredients! All you need is a popsicle mold and 10 popsicles sticks. These popsicles make a great healthy snack for hot days or could even be enjoyed in place of a small smoothie for breakfast. I know I’ve been snacking on these popsicles after a sweaty workout class!
Check out this short video to see how you can make these popsicles at home.
Depending on how ripe your fruit is, you may want to add a bit more sweetness to your popsicles. I suggest adding either maple syrup or honey to the mixture before freezing for a natural way to sweeten them. By using Greek yogurt in these, you get the added benefit of the additional protein in Greek vs. regular yogurt. In addition, nectarines and raspberries are both good sources of Vitamin C which helps support healthy skin. Can’t find nectarines? You can easily substitute fresh or frozen peaches in place of the nectarines in this recipe.
- For the Raspberry Layer:
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut water
- 1 cup fresh or frozen red raspberries
- ½ tablespoon maple syrup or honey (optional)
- For the Nectarine Layer:
- 1 cup full fat vanilla Greek yogurt
- 1 banana
- 2 nectarines, pits removed and chopped
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey (optional)
- Puree raspberries, coconut water and maple syrup (if using) together in a blender until smooth. Divide evenly between the 10 popsicle molds and freeze for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, puree the yogurt, banana, nectarines and syrup (if using) together in a blender until smooth. Divide evenly between the 10 popsicle molds and freeze for another 30 minutes.
- Add popsicle sticks and return to freezer. Freeze until solid (preferably overnight).
- Run mold under warm water for 30 seconds to free popsicles from molds. Enjoy!
For the month of August, I’ll be sharing a few recipe posts on the Classpass blog! This raspberry nectarine popsicle post is the first. 🙂 I love my Classpass membership since it lets me gym hop so I am never bored with my workouts! You should totally check them out too! Use this link and you’ll get $20 off your first month when purchasing a membership. (As an ambassador, I’ll get a discount too.)