Merry Christmas!! Will and I are having a comfy first married Christmas at home in Chicago with our pup, Honey. I just wanted to pop in to share this spiked vegan hot chocolate recipe. It would be the perfect drink to share with friends and family while watching a Christmas movie tonight. (At least, that’s what I am planning on doing!)
Thank you so, so much for following along on this little blog of mine!
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1.5 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 ounces bourbon
- To serve: Coconut whipped cream
- In a small saucepan, add all of your ingredients except the bourbon. Heat over medium heat. Stir and continue to heat until chocolate has melted and mixture is hot.
- Stir in the bourbon and turn off the heat.
- To serve, I made coconut whipped cream according to this recipe from Minimalist Baker. Sprinkle with chocolate shavings or cocoa powder.