Do you have a favorite breakfast food? If you have been reading my blog for awhile, you may already know that my absolute favorite breakfast food is oatmeal. However, I am also a big fan of oats in another form… granola! Just like oatmeal, granola can be modified in a multitude of ways so you can never get bored. Use good ingredients and it can be a super healthy breakfast option that comes together in minutes. To mix things up, I added dried apricots to this mix and loved how it turned out! They pair really well with the coconut. Even if you aren’t normally a breakfast eater, you could easily eat this as a snack on its own or else topped with a little milk. Either way, it will be sure to satisfy your hunger as this granola is fulled with fiber, healthy fat, and protein.
Vegan Apricot Coconut Granola
(Adapted from “How to Make Great Granola” from The Kitchn – Serves 5-7)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups walnuts, chopped
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (can sub almond milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups dried apricots, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine all the ingredients except apricots in a large bowl. Stir until oats coated well with oil mixture.
- Spread oat mixture onto a baking sheet. Bake for 30-40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Remove granola from oven when evenly browned. Once cool, stir in apricots. Serve!