Anytime I get to someone on my list that I just don’t what to buy for Christmas, gifts from the kitchen are often perfect. The theme for this month’s recipe redux was “adding merriment to mixes” or DIY gifts from the kitchen. As I was thinking about what to do for my gift from the kitchen I was debating about homemade granola or some sort of granola bar recipe. Then I remembered that larabars are often super simple to make with only a few ingredients and super delicious! Instead of “bars” I mixed this batch into small balls just to see how they would turn out. Since homemade larabars can tend to be more on the crumbly side, the ball shape held together much better.
Larabar in a Jar
- 1/3 cup coconut flakes, unsweetened
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup chopped dates
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Layer the ingredients into a glass ball jar in the following order: cocoa, coconut, dates, walnuts, chocolate chips.
- To prepare larabars/balls, pour the chocolate chip layer into a small bowl. Toss the rest into a food processor and process until it starts to clump together.
- Stir in chocolate chips. Shape into bars or balls.
Add a fun ornament and cute tag to the jar to make it look festive for gift giving!
To see more great recipe redux posts, click on the link below!