Happy Tuesday Friends! Today, I wanted to share this scrumptious fall/winter salad with you. This salad could be a healthy, colorful addition to your Thanksgiving dinner! Who said all Thanksgiving dishes have to be laden in tons of calories?! Do you ever add fruit to your salads? I have made salads in the past with apple, cranberries, and pear; but I’ve been wanting to try pomegranate! Oh. my. goodness. Who knew they were such a delicious addition?! I love the mixture of the tart-sweet pomegranate arils with the buttery squash and tangy vinaigrette.
Pomegranate, Squash, and Walnut Salad
- 3-4 cups spring mix
- 1/2 cubed, roasted butternut squash
- Pomegranate arils
- Cheddar cheese – to taste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix vinaigrette ingredients (vinegar to salt/pepper) together.
- Toss with the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl until lettuce is coated. Serve!