This vegan spiced pear baked oatmeal is the perfect dish for weekend brunch!
- 2 cups of oats
- 1 (13.5 oz) can light coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2–3 pears, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grease cast iron skillet with cooking spray.
- Combine all ingredients except pears in a large bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Pour oat mixture into skillet and spread evenly in the pan.
- Arrange sliced pears over the top of the oats.
- Cook at 350 degrees for ~40 minutes.
- Serve warm with a dash of cream or your favorite plant-based milk and a side of hot coffee or tea.
- Serving Size: 1/6 Recipe