I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas! Will and I just spent a quiet day at home enjoying our new gifts, ie. the Dr. Who Special and Dominion. We have become totally addicted to playing this card game called Dominion. Have you played that one yet? (Probably not, because if you haven’t guessed, we’re huge nerds!) It plays out a bit like Monopoly, but with a Middle Ages theme. I was a little intimidated it would be a boring, complicated strategy game, but the game actually moves pretty quickly. Anyway, while playing games and enjoying our time off, I made a couple of these peppermint mochas to sip on. The combination of extra dark chocolate and peppermint in these is just perfect. Of course, we paired them with cookies sent along with some gifts from Will’s family. Christmas day couldn’t have been better. 🙂
A homemade version of the Starbucks favorite.
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 cup milk (feel free to use almond or soy!)
- 1 ounce dark chocolate
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2 shots espresso
- Heat coconut milk, milk, and dark chocolate in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Stir with whisk until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in peppermint extract.
- Pour 1 shot each of espresso into 2 mugs. Divide heated milk evenly between both mugs. Serve!
- Serving Size: 2