This creamy smoky butternut squash soup is a delicious twist on a traditional soup thanks to the heat of smoked paprika.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 butternut squash, chopped
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 sweet potato, chopped
- 3 stalks celery, sliced in 1/8 inch pieces
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat large saucepan over medium high heat.
- Add olive oil and onion and cook until translucent. Toss in squash, sweet potato, and celery. Stir and cook until they begin to soften slightly, about 10-15 minutes.
- Stir in garlic and cook until aromatic – or about 2 minutes.
- Stir in vegetable broth and let simmer until vegetables are soft.
- Use an immersion blender or food processor to puree soup until smooth.
- Return pureed soup to saucepan. Add salt, pepper, cumin, and smoked paprika and stir. Cook over low heat about 5 minutes or until soup has reached desirable serving temperature.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe