Mix up this mango chia breakfast cereal in a mason jar so you can take it on the go! Perfect for busy weekday mornings.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped mango (fresh or frozen)
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 3 tablespoons almond milk
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon honey or maple syrup
- Puree mango and milks together in a blender. Pour into serving container and stir in chia seeds. Let sit 3 hours up to overnight in the refrigerator to set. Serve topped with more fresh fruit and coconut.
This recipe isn’t super sweet (which I prefer), but you may want to add 1/2 teaspoon of honey, sugar, or maple syrup to the mixture before chilling.
If you aren’t a big fan of coconut or you want to cut back on calories, feel free to substitute replace all the coconut milk with almond milk.
Toppings: plain or vanilla yogurt, coconut yogurt, shredded coconut, hemp hearts, chopped nuts, addition chopped or pureed mango
- Serving Size: ~3/4 Cup
- Calories: 362 kcals
- Sugar: 13.5 g
- Fat: 25 g
- Saturated Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 28 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 8 g
- Cholesterol: 5 mg