The best way to make crispy and delicious caramelized brussels sprouts on the stovetop.
- 1/2 – 3/4 pound of Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Line bottom of pan with Brussels sprouts halves, cut side down.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid and let simmer on medium heat for 6-8 minutes.
- Pour in the olive oil and add the garlic. Cook for another 3-5 minutes with the lid on.
- Lift the lid and turn over a Brussels sprout. If golden brown, take off the heat and sprinkle with salt and pepper. If it is still green, cover again and cook until browned and sprouts are softened.
- Serving Size: 2