These banana oat bars with chocolate drizzle are perfect for on-the-go or as a healthy breakfast enjoyed with a piece of fruit, some yogurt and coffee.
- 2 very ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
- 2 ounces dark chocolate
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small bowl, combine the peanut butter and honey. Microwave for 30 seconds and stir well until it resembles a slurry.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas with a fork until you have worked out any lumps. Pour in peanut butter/honey mixture and stir.
- Add the oats, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Line an 8″ x 8″ baking dish with parchment paper. Press oat mixture into pan with the back of a measuring cup or your hands.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes. Set on a wire rack to cool.
- Once bars are cool, melt chocolate. Drizzle over bars and place in freezer for 10 minutes or until firm.