These marinated mushroom and sweet potato tacos are jam packed with flavor – you’d never guess they are vegetarian!
- 8 ounces sliced, portobello mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- Mix seasonings, balsamic vinegar, and Worcestershire sauce in a small bowl.
- Place sliced mushrooms in a shallow baking dish and pour marinade over them. Toss to coat the mushrooms evenly in marinade. Cover dish and place in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Chop peeled sweet potatoes into 1/4 inch sized cubes. Drizzle with olive oil and toss to coat evenly in oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Bake potatoes for 45-60 minutes or until softened and lightly browned.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, add mushrooms and saute until marinade is cooked down to a thick sauce, about 10-12 minutes. Toss in sweet potatoes and stir. Cook an additional 2 minutes to warm potatoes.
- Serve with corn tortillas, sour cream, guacamole, and fresh cilantro.