It’s five o’clock somewhere right? Because you need to make this boozy citrus soda! The flavor combination of grapefruit, lemon juice, and gin remind me a lot of the soda – Squirt. Do you remember that stuff? I haven’t had it in ages! The great thing about this boozy soda is that it has all of the flavor of Squirt without all of the sugar.
This soda is super simple to put together and really fun to sip on through pretty straws. (Well, until those paper straws get a little soggy… ha!) We used a grapefruit-cello we found at a local store for this drink, but if you can’t find any, feel feel free to substitute with limoncello or triple sec and an extra tablespoon of grapefruit juice. You could also try making your own grapefruit-cello like this blogger did. <– I totally want to try it!Print
The combination of lemon and grapefruit in this drink is so refreshing – perfect for warmer weather!
- 3 ounces gin
- 1 1/2 ounces lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce grapefruit-cello
- Dash of grapefruit bitters
- Soda water
- Combine gin, lemon juice, cello, and bitters in a cocktail shaker and stir/shake to mix.
- Place ice in glasses and pour liquor over the ice.
- Fill the rest of the glasses with soda water and garnish with lemon or lime.