This savory homemade popcorn recipe is the perfect combination of smokiness, garlic, and spice.
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 3/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Dash of cayenne pepper powder
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add 1-2 popcorn kernels to the pot.
- Once the first kernel or two pops, pour in the other 1/2 cup of kernels and cover the pot with a lid.
- Shake the pan occasionally as the popcorn pops. Wait until there is >5 seconds between pops and remove from heat.
- Melt butter in the microwave. Pour over popped corn and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle popcorn with spices and salt and toss again to coat evenly.