A refreshing chickpea salad that highlights spring vegetables. Provides a great source of vegetable-based protein.
- 20 asparagus spears
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons diced red onion
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon brown mustard
- 1/2 ounce shredded parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Trim about 1 inch from the bottom of the asparagus stems to remove the tough sections.
- Spread asparagus in a single layer on a cookie sheet and sprinkle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- Roll asparagus gently across the cookie sheet to cover each stem evenly in olive oil.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until it begins to soften. Transfer to broiler and cook for another minute or two until tips are dark brown. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine chickpeas, onion, parmesan, sliced radish, and seasonings. Toss with a wooden spoon to combine.
- Chop asparagus spears into 1/2 inch pieces. Transfer to chickpea mixture and stir.
- Serve warm or chilled.