Replace traditional taco meat with tempeh in this vegan/vegetarian tempeh taco salad. Hearty enough to serve as an entree for lunch or dinner.
- 1 sweet potato, chopped into 1/2” pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
- 8 ounces tempeh, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 2–3 radishes, thinly sliced
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 4 tablespoons ranch dressing
- 5 cups spring mix lettuce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss chopped sweet potato in oil and spread in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for ~45 minutes or until softened and lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- Heat 2 tablespoons canola oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Toss in crumbled tempeh and cook until lightly browned – about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle tempeh with seasonings and stir. Cook another minute and then remove from heat.
- Build salads by dividing spring mix into two bowls. Top with tempeh, radishes, avocado, and ranch dressing.