Make the most of summer’s squash and zucchini in this classic calabacitas dish with roasted Hatch green chiles.
- 7 cups chopped squash and zucchini (1/4-1/3″ pieces)
- 1/2 large onion, chopped
- 2 cobs corn, kernels removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup roasted green chile
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Toss the squash, onion, corn, and olive oil together in a large bowl. Pour into a 9″x11″ glass baking dish. Spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until squash is softened. Stir every 10 minutes or so.
- Stir in green chile and seasonings.
- Heat your broiler on high and cook the squash for another 7-10 minutes, stirring frequently. You just want to lightly brown some of the squash.
- Serve with shredded cheese and sour cream.