I know everyone was talking about kale chips ages ago, but I just wanted to make sure no one forgot about this fabulous little snack. 🙂 As a dietitian at a holiday party, the expectation is that you’ll bring the healthiest dish. Of course, you want it to taste good too! Kale chips are one of those foods that fit both those criteria.
Over the last 4ish years that I have had this blog, I’ve had plenty of healthy recipe successes as well as failures. One recipe that I couldn’t quite get right for trying were kale chips. Last weekend, I was really craving them though so I sucked it up and set a new batch to roasting after reading these tips from Oh She Glows. Fingers crossed, they turned out great!
These kale chips are one of those healthy foods you can bring to a party and not feel completely ridiculous for being the health-nerd who brought kale. Because kale in chip form like this doesn’t feel like chewy, dense kale anymore, it feels like a satisfying, salty snack. (Which also happens to be packed with good for you nutrients!)Print
Satisfy your craving for a salty snack the healthy way with these herby baked kale chips. #vegan and #glutenfree
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (6-7 oz.) bunch curly green kale
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove stems from the kale leaves and chop into 1″-2″ pieces. Spin kale in a salad spinner to remove excess moisture or pat dry with paper towels. Transfer kale leaves to a large bowl.
- Toss with olive oil, salt, garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder. Using your hands, gently massage oil into leaves.
- Spread kale leaves in a single layer onto a baking sheet or two. (Make sure leaves don’t overlap.)
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until kale leaves have darkened and dried. Let sit on the stovetop for 5 minutes to cool before serving.
- Store extra chips in an airtight container or ziploc bag.
- Serving Size: 1 Cup
- Calories: 42 kcals
- Sodium: 20 mg
- Fat: 2 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg