I can’t believe Thanksgiving will be here tomorrow. This week has flown by so quickly! If you are still scrambling to come put with a dish to bring, I’ve got you covered. This baked brie with cranberry sauce is a perfect appetizer for snacking on while you wait for the turkey to finish. Need a few more dish ideas? Check out my round-up of 20 vegetarian Thanksgiving recipes.
The cranberry sauce for this baked brie is also perfect for serving on the Thanksgiving table as well. (This recipe makes enough for leftovers!) The sugar has been reduced quite a bit in this version, so it is more tart than sweet. Just the way I like it! Honestly, I feel the tartness pairs really well with the creamy brie. However, if you prefer sweet, I would add another 2-3 tablespoons of brown sugar to the recipe listed below.
With all the holiday parties on the horizon, this cranberry baked brie is a great recipe to keep in your back pocket as a simple appetizer to share. The prep work is minimal and you only need to pick up a few simple ingredients to make it happen.
Hope you all have a lovely Thanksgiving!Print
Need to bring a dish to share at a holiday party? This cranberry baked brie is super simple, delicious, and classy.
- 1.7 ounce package no sugar needed fruit pectin (used for canning)
- 12 ounces (3 cups) fresh cranberries
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 (8 ounce) round brie
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Pour the cranberries, orange juice, and water in a medium saucepan.
- Sprinkle the pectin into the pan, stirring constantly until dissolved into cranberry mixture.
- Turn on the heat and bring to a simmer, stirring constantly. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until the cranberries pop and soften and the mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Unwrap brie and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 5-7 minutes or until soft to touch.
- While brie is still warm, spread a generous amount of cranberry sauce on top. Arrange on serving platter with additional cranberry sauce and crackers.