As New Years quickly approaches, adopting a healthier diet in 2015 is likely to be on a lot of people’s minds. One simple way to get started on the path to eating right is making time for a healthy breakfast. It is a great way to get at least one serving of fruit, protein, and whole grains in right off the bat in the early morning. However, time to make a healthy breakfast before rushing off to work or school can be tough. With these easily packable oatmeal parfaits in a jar, there’s no need to skip breakfast any more!
A big bowl of oats with nuts and fruit is one of my favorite ways to start the day. However, I too don’t always have time to make up a bowl in the morning. Luckily, oatmeal keeps well in the fridge, so I created these oatmeal, yogurt, and fruit parfaits in mason jars that I can take on-the-go. In just about half an hour, I made these 4 mason jars on a Sunday afternoon and enjoyed them each morning over the next hectic work week. I think they are great chilled, but if you prefer hot oats, just add the toppings in the morning after you reheat the oats for just 30 seconds in the microwave.
Feel free to get creative with the topping layers. I like plain or coconut yogurt best, but you can adjust for your preferences. Here’s a run-down of what delicious things are layered on top of those oats:
- Oats, Plain Siggi’s Yogurt, Sliced Banana, Chopped Medjool Dates, and Chopped Pecans
- Oats, Plain Siggi’s Yogurt, Chopped Apple, Chopped Walnuts, Dried Cranberries, Cinnamon
- Oats, Coconut Siggi’s Yogurt, Chopped Fresh Grapefruit, Chopped Pistachios
- Oats, Coconut Siggi’s Yogurt, Pomegranate Seeds, Frozen Berries, Hemp Seeds
Take your healthy breakfast on the go with this wholesome layered parfait in a jar made with protein-rich Siggi’s yogurt.
- 2 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Dash of salt
- In a medium saucepan, combine all of the ingredients listed above. Stir and bring to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer until liquid is absorbed and oatmeal thickens, about 5-7 minutes.
- Portion into 4-5 mason jars. Let cool.
- Layer yogurt and fruit on top of cooled oats and serve.
These delicious oatmeal parfaits were made with siggi’s rather delicious yogurts with simple ingredients and not a lot of sugar.
Try delicious flavors like vanilla, pumpkin & spice, and mixed berries & açai, power up your breakfast with their recipes and print a coupon.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of siggi’s Dairy. The opinions and text are all mine.