Warm up with a bowl of this vegan hearty vegetable and white bean soup loaded with good for you nutrients.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 red skin potatoes, chopped
- 2 parsnips, chopped
- 2 quarts (64 oz.) vegetable broth
- 1 (14 oz.) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (6 oz.) can tomato paste
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small bunch lacinato kale, chopped
- 1 (15 oz.) can great Northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Shredded vegan parmesan cheese for serving
- In a large stock pot, melt the butter.
- Add 1 of the chopped carrots, 1 stalk chopped celery, and the onion. Stir and cook for 5-7 minutes or until onion is translucent.
- Add the rest of the carrots and celery, potatoes, and parsnips. Stir to coat in butter. Let cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the broth, tomatoes, tomato paste, bay leaf, and thyme. Bring to a simmer and continue to stir every 5 minutes or so. Simmer soup for ~20-25 minutes or until vegetables begin to soften.
- Stir in garlic, kale, beans, and parsley. Season with salt and black pepper. Simmer another 5-7 minutes.
- Serve hot with shredded parmesan cheese.
- Serving Size: ~1 Cup
- Calories: 382 kcals
- Sugar: 18 g
- Sodium: 975 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 72 g
- Fiber: 15 g
- Protein: 14.8 g
- Cholesterol: 13 mg