Try something new this year and make these pomegranate and dark chocolate cookies with almond flour rather than your traditional chocolate chip cookies. You’ll be impressed! Recipe adapted from Minimalist Baker.
- 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Dash of salt
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/3 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 ounces chopped dark chocolate
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the brown sugar and butter together. Add the egg and vanilla and mix until incorporated.
- With the mixer running, slowly add the almond flour mixture.
- Stir in the dark chocolate, coconut flakes, and pomegranate seeds.
- Cover and chill for 1-2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Roll dough into 1″ balls, place on a baking sheet, and press down slightly on each to flatten a bit. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Leave cookies on the baking sheet for another 10 minutes to cool until transferring them to another container.
- Serving Size: 1 Cookie
- Calories: 75 kcals
- Sugar: 4.6 g
- Fat: 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 6.1 g
- Fiber: 0.6 g
- Protein: 1.1 g
- Cholesterol: 15 mg