I know I don’t often post much about what’s going on behind the scenes in my personal life behind the blog. (I guess I just haven’t figured out how to balance the two.) So, today I thought I would share a few pictures from my short 3 day trip to New York City.
Wednesday was my birthday and since it seemed silly to take a day off in the middle of the week, I decided why not just take the whole week off?! It had been a while since we took a vacation, so we jetted off to NYC. Neither of us had ever been, so we thought it would be fun to explore! In a city like this, there is so much to see and do. Whether it’s a dinner with a view you’re after, Instagram worthy locations to take photos or to go and see a broadway musical, New York City has it all!
We hit up most of the usual touristy things and of course, made sure to find some great food! A few highlights included:
- Momofuku Milk Bar – We tried the cereal milk soft serve with cornflake crunch I had heard so much about. Mmmm! If only they would open a store in Chicago…
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art – There is so much to see here, we could have spent our whole vacation just wandering around this museum.
- The Comedy Cellar – If you are a fan of the comedian, Louie C.K., you are likely familiar with this venue where he often performs in his show. Since we are big fans of Louie and any kind of comedy show, this was at the top of our list.
- Book of Mormon on Broadway – This was totally a spur of the moment decision as we were walking by the box office one day, but so worth it! This show was hilarious and definitely lived up to all the hype.
- The Marshal – A farm-to-fork, brick oven based restaurant in Hell’s Kitchen that was everything two foodies could hope for.
- MOMA – Picasso, Van Gogh, Monet, Lichtenstein and more – I was blown away by seeing them in real life!