You won’t even miss the rice in this protein-packed spring quinoa risotto with parmesan, spinach, and peas.
- 1/2 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup chopped button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 1/2 cup quinoa, rinsed well
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/8 teaspoon thyme
- 2 handfuls (~3 cups) fresh spinach
- 1 cup frozen or fresh peas
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and add onion.
- Saute 3-5 minutes or until translucent.
- Add garlic and mushrooms. Sauté 2-3 minutes or until some of the moisture form the mushrooms is cooked off.
- Add the olive oil and quinoa. Stir and cook another 1-2 minutes to lightly toast the quinoa.
- Add the white wine and cook until evaporated.
- Add broth 1 cup at a time, cooking until broth is evaporated between each cup.
- Add thyme, spinach, and peas. Cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Serve with additional shredded parmesan.
Loosely adapted from this recipe from Kitchen Confidante.
- Serving Size: 1/5 recipe
- Calories: 320
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 522 mg
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated Fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 41 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 12.5 g
- Cholesterol: 14 mg