Don’t settle for store-bought taco seasoning, make your own at home with this delicious recipe!
- 3 tablespoons chile powder (or 4–5 dried red chile peppers)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 3 teaspoons coriander
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- If using dried peppers, break the top off the pepper and pour out the seeds. Place peppers in a dry skillet and roast, turning occasionally, until they start to blacken. Remove from heat and puree into a powder in a spice grinder or blender.
- Combine the chile powder and all of the rest of the ingredients together in a small bowl. Store in an airtight container. Feel free to double or triple the recipe as it tends to go quickly!
For those who need to limit sodium, halve the amount of salt called for in the recipe or leave it out completely. Either way, it will still be good!