No need to heat up the oven or fire up the grill to make this healthy curry chickpea spread. Spread it on a sandwich and serve with a salad or soup and you’ve got dinner in a matter of minutes.
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt (or vegan mayonnaise to be vegan friendly!)
- 1 carrot, finely diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- To serve: buns or sandwich bread, spinach, sprouts, tomatoes, canned red peppers, etc.
- Place all the ingredients from chickpeas to black pepper in a bowl and mash with a fork or process for a few pulses in your food processor until it all starts to stick together. You don’t want to mash it smooth into a hummus consistency, aim for an oatmeal texture.
- Spread chickpeas onto a slice of bread and top with spinach, sprouts, tomatoes or whatever toppings you have on hand.
Nutrition information does not include sandwich bun or toppings.
- Serving Size: 1/4 Recipe
- Calories: 112 kcals
- Sugar: 4.5 g
- Sodium: 175 mg
- Fat: 2.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 2 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 5.5 g
- Cholesterol: 2 mg