Whip up a batch of these cute little mini vegan frittatas made with simple ingredients like tofu, zucchini, and spinach for a healthy breakfast for busy weekday mornings.
- 14 oz package firm tofu (drained)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened soy milk
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped zucchini
- 1/2 cup corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, chopped
- 3 tablespoons vegan pesto (I like the one from Gotham Greens)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place tofu, soy milk, and turmeric in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- In a saucepan, heat the oil and add the zucchini. Cook for 5-6 minutes or until it starts to lightly brown and soften.
- Add the corn and tomatoes. Cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the spinach and cook until spinach is starting to wilt then turn off the heat.
- Mix the pureed tofu, vegetables, pesto, salt, and pepper together in a large bowl. Taste and add more salt if needed.
- Cut parchment paper into 4 inch squares and fold into muffin tin cups or use paper muffin liners. (Don’t skip the paper liners as these help the frittatas hold their shape.) Divide batter into 10 cups. (I use an ice cream scoop to make this step easier!)
- Bake for 28-32 minutes or until slightly puffy and lightly browned on top.
- Serving Size: 2
- Calories: 242 kcals
- Sugar: 3 g
- Sodium: 97 mg
- Fat: 15 g
- Saturated Fat: 2.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 3.8 g
- Protein: 17.5 g
- Cholesterol: 3 mg