Don’t let summer end without making this simple vegan pistachio pesto pasta. Other than fresh basil, all you need are a few pantry staples like pasta, pistachios, and olive oil to make this delicious pasta dish.
- 8 oz fettuccine pasta noodles
- 2 cups fresh basil leaves, packed
- 2–4 cloves garlic
- 1/3 cup pistachios, unsalted
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- To serve: lemon zest, black pepper, basil leaves
- Add water to a large saucepan and salt generously. Bring to a boil and add pasta. Cook according to package directions, reserving ~1/4 cup pasta water for the pesto.
- Add all of the pesto ingredients to a food processor (basil, garlic, pistachios, olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and pepper). Pulse until thick sauce forms.
- Toss cooked pasta in the pesto. Add about 1-3 tablespoons reserved pasta water as needed to thin the pesto as you toss to coat the noodles.
- To serve, sprinkle with more black pepper and some fresh lemon zest.
We love using our NutriBullet magic bullet kitchen express food processor for the pesto in this recipe. Love that it can be tossed in the dishwasher to clean and take up less counter space than a traditional food processor. Use code DIETITIANDEBBIE to get 15% off your purchase!
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 510 kcal
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 290 mg
- Fat: 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 29 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Fiber: 3 g
- Protein: 10 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg