These almond snowball cookies are an adapted version of one my family’s favorite holiday cookies.
- 1 cup roasted unsalted almonds
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick)
- 2 tablespoons granulated white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt (skip if using salted butter)
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the almonds to a food processor and puree until they resemble a course flour/breadcrumbs. Transfer to the bowl of your mixer and add the rest of the ingredients. Mix on low to medium until dough starts to stick a bit, and you can squeeze it between your fingers and it will hold it’s shape.
- Form dough into 1″ balls and arrange on a cookie sheet. (I was able to make 20 cookies)
- Bake for 45 minutes or until lightly golden brown.
- Allow to cool on rack until you can handle them. Roll each cookie in powdered sugar.