Fall vegetables are tossed in a simple balsamic herb marinade with garlic and Italian seasoning and then roasted on a sheet pan until caramelized. These balsamic herb roasted vegetables make a simple side dish for any cozy winter meal.
- 4 1/2 cups peeled and cubed butternut squash
- 3 carrots, peeled and cut into 2″ pieces (thick pieces halved)
- 15 – 20 Brussels sprouts, halved (tough stem and yellowed leaves removed)
- 1/2 large red onion, cut into large wedges
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter, melted (I like Miyokos vegan butter)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Peel and chop vegetables into similar size pieces. Add to a large mixing bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, melt the vegan butter and then whisk in the olive oil, vinegar, Italian seasoning, garlic, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour marinade over chopped vegetables. Toss with a wooden spoon to coat the vegetables evenly.
- Transfer to a sheet pan and roast for 50-60 minutes or until vegetables are browned and fork tender.
- Once it has cooled enough, taste and add more sea salt and black pepper if needed.
If using other vegetables, the marinade will season about 2 1/2 lbs of chopped vegetables.
- Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
- Calories: 260 kcal
- Sugar: 10 g
- Sodium: 230 mg
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 34 g
- Fiber: 8 g
- Protein: 5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg