Let your fresh market berries shine in this beet and berry salad with poppyseed dressing from Alex at Delish Knowledge.
For the Salad:
- 2 medium beets
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 6 cups arugula or chopped spinach
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- ¾ cup blueberries
- ⅓ cup slivered or chopped almonds
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat cheese
For the Dressing:
- 3 tbsp. mayo (Use egg-free like Veganaise for vegan version)
- 2 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. 100% pure maple syrup
- 1 shallot, finely minced
- 1 tbsp. poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Scrub each beet to remove any dirt. Wrap each individually in a sheet of aluminum foil and roast until tender, about 1 hour.
- Once cool enough to handle, remove the foil and peel off the skin. Thinly slice. (If needed, the beets can be made up to 4 days ahead of time.)
- In a large bowl, toss together the arugula/spinach, sliced beets, strawberries, blueberries, almonds, and goat cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, dijon mustard, olive oil, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, maple syrup, shallot and poppy seed. Season to taste with salt/pepper.
- Divide salad among 4 plates and drizzle on dressing.