This buffalo tempeh wrap with homemade ranch is a super simple lunch option that packs a lot of flavor and plant-based protein.
For the Tempeh:
- 1/3 package tempeh (~3 oz)
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil (or other cooking oil)
- 3–4 tablespoons buffalo sauce (I used Frank’s brand)
For the Wrap:
- 1 spinach wrap (sub any wrap you prefer)
- 2–3 tablespoons vegan ranch dressing
- Pickled red onion, shredded carrot, lettuce
- Cut tempeh into 1/2 inch cubes and then halve into triangle shaped pieces.
- Add oil to a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook tempeh until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Turn off the heat and toss the tempeh in buffalo sauce.
- To assemble the wraps, add tempeh, veggies, and drizzle with ranch dressing and serve!
Buffalo sauce can be high in sodium so you may want to make your own with a low sodium hot sauce and unsalted vegan butter if watching your sodium intake. (Add 1/2 cup butter to 2/3 cup hot sauce and melt over low heat in a saucepan.)
- Serving Size: 1 wrap
- Calories: 395 kcal
- Sugar: 3.5 g
- Sodium: 945 mg
- Fat: 30 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 25.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 mg
- Carbohydrates: 18 g
- Fiber: 9.5 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg