This burst tomato and spinach pasta is super simple to whip up when using the freshest summer tomatoes. Serve with a protein of your choice to make it a meal.
- 3 servings dry spaghetti noodles
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt and black pepper
- Dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 (5 oz.) package baby spinach leaves
- 1.5 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- Fill medium-sized pot with water and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook according to package directions.
- In a deep skillet, add the olive oil, tomatoes, and onion. Saute for 5-7 minutes or until tomatoes start to burst/break apart and release some of their juices.
- Stir in the garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper, and spinach leaves. Cook another 2-3 minutes or until spinach has wilted.
- Stir in the pasta and goat cheese. Toss to mix well. Serve immediately with additional goat cheese if desired.