Warm up on a chilly morning with a bowl of this carrot cake oatmeal which incorporates all the flavors of your favorite dessert in a healthy vegan breakfast.
- 1/2 cup gluten free old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond milk plus more for serving
- 2 small carrots, peeled and shredded (~1/2 cup finely shredded carrot)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1–2 teaspoons maple syrup plus more for serving
- Add all of the ingredients to a small saucepan, stir well to combine and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook for ~5-7 minutes or until oats have thickened to desired consistency.
- Serve with desired toppings. I added hemp hearts, coconut, walnuts, maple syrup, and almond milk.