This carrot yogurt dip is tangy and loaded with warming spices from the garam masala. Whip this dip up for a simply holiday party appetizer!
- 1 lb carrots (~6 carrots)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/8th teaspoon smoked paprika
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup plain whole milk yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lime juice
- Sea salt and Ground Black Pepper, to taste
- Peel carrots and slice into 1/3″ thick coins.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and add the carrots, garam masala, smoked paprika, and cayenne. Saute for 2 minutes. Cover and cook over medium-low heat for 5-8 minutes, removing the lid to stir occasionally, until carrots are fork tender.
- Add garlic to the pan and saute for 1 minute. Turn off the heat and set aside to cool for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the yogurt, lime juice, and carrots to the food processor. Puree until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Transfer to a bowl and cover. Refrigerate until chilled. Serve with fresh vegetables and crackers.