These chocolate cookies with coffee glaze taste like a brownie in cookie form! Dress them up with a simple coffee glaze.
For the cookies:
- 1 cup unsalted butter (2 sticks), room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups granulated white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups white flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa, sifted
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
For the Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 2–4 tablespoons extra strong coffee
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add butter and sugar to bowl of standing mixer and beat until light and fluffy.
- Add vanilla and eggs. Turn on beater until well mixed.
- In a small mixing bowl, add flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Stir well.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients with mixer on low speed. Mix until dough forms. Dough will be soft but moldable. (If you find it is too soft, place in the fridge for 30 minutes.)
- Spoon 1 1/2 tablespoon size dough balls onto baking sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 1-2 minutes before transferring to wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cookies are all cooled, make the glaze by whisking together 1 cup powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of coffee. Gradually add coffee, 1/8-1/4 teaspoon at a time until glaze is thick but pourable. Drizzle cookies with glaze and set aside for an hour for glaze to fully harden.
You can either freeze the prepared dough wrapped in plastic wrap OR you can freeze the baked and glazed cookies. Make sure to let the glaze harden before stacking these cookies to store them!
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 103 kcals
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 112 mg
- Fat: 5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 1 g
- Cholesterol: 14 mg