This creamy vegan pasta with peas and mint can be whipped up in under 30 minutes for a healthy weeknight dinner. Top with a delicious vegan parmesan!
For the Pasta:
- 1 (8 oz) package Modern Table spirals pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallot, minced (~3 tablespoons)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup almond milk, unflavored and unsweetened
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Zest from 1 lemon
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
For the Vegan Parmesan:
- 2/3 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Add water to medium saucepan and add a generous amount of salt. Bring to a boil and add 1 package Modern Table pasta. Cook for 5 minutes then drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to a large skillet. Add shallots and cook 1 minute. Stir in the garlic and cook another minute.
- Stir in the milk and broth and bring to a simmer.
- Mix together water and cornstarch in a bowl. Stir into the skillet with the almond milk and cook for another 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Turn the heat to low and add the peas and cooked pasta. Stir well to coat pasta in sauce.
- Remove from heat and add the mint, parsley, lemon juice, zest salt, and pepper.
- To make the parmesan, add all the ingredients to a food processor and pulse until it resembles bread crumbs.
- To serve, divide pasta into bowls and top with vegan parmesan.
Nutrition facts for pasta without the vegan parmesan.
Prepared recipe can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
- Serving Size: 1/4 Recipe
- Calories: 303 kcals
- Sugar: 2.5 g
- Sodium: 212 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 46.5 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Protein: 15 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg