This creamy vegan tomato soup is super simple to make with a few pantry friendly ingredients like canned tomatoes, coconut milk, and onion. Perfect for a chilly weeknight!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 (28 oz) cans fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full fat coconut milk
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2–1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Add the oil, onion, and bell pepper to a stock pot and sauté until onion is translucent.
- Stir in the garlic, Italian seasoning, and oregano. Cook another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and coconut milk and bring to a simmer.
- Transfer to a blender (you may need to work in batches) and puree until smooth.
- Pour back into the stock pot over low heat. Stir in the salt and ground black pepper, adjusting to taste.
- Add the maple syrup (to cut the acidity).
Recipe makes 8 cups of soup
- Serving Size: 5
- Calories: 100 kcal
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 233 mg
- Fat: 15.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 13 g
- Fiber: 3.5 g
- Protein: 2 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg