This crockpot vegan minestrone soup couldn’t be any easier to make and is packed with plant-based protein and fiber.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion (~1 small onion)
- 1 cup chopped celery (~2–3 stalks)
- 1 cup peeled and chopped carrots (~2 carrots)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can cannellini white beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 8 cups (2 quarts) vegetable broth
- 1 (24 oz.) can diced fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups chopped zucchini (~1 medium zucchini)
- 1 small bunch lacinato kale, stems removed, chopped
- 1 1/2 cup dried macaroni noodles
Add all of the ingredients from olive oil to zucchini to a crockpot and stir to combine. Turn crockpot onto high for 8 hours.
At 6 hours, add the kale and macaroni noodles. Cover with lid again and let finish cooking the final 2 hours.
Add more salt and black pepper to taste if needed.
Note you can lower the sodium content by using low sodium canned beans and low sodium broth.
- Serving Size: 1/6 th Recipe
- Calories: 339 kcals
- Sugar: 10.5 g
- Sodium: 1720 mg
- Fat: 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 5.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 58 g
- Fiber: 11 g
- Protein: 14 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg