These vegan dark chocolate berry cashew cream cups are the perfect after dinner treat minus the guilt!
- 1/2 cup raw cashews, soaked at least 3 hours
- 3 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted (Divided)
- 1/3 cup mixed berries (Thawed if frozen)
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- Dash of salt
- 4 ounces vegan dark chocolate
- Crushed freeze dried raspberries to garnish
- In a blender, puree the cashews, 2 1/2 tablespoons of the coconut oil, berries, maple syrup and salt together until smooth. (I found that it worked best to blend this in the single serving smoothie cup of my blender since it is a small amount of ingredients.)
- Melt the dark chocolate in a bowl in the microwave or over a double boiler. (I simply fit a glass bowl over a sauce pan of water. Bring the water to a simmer and stir the chocolate in the bowl until melted.) Stir in the last 1 tablespoon of melted coconut oil into the dark chocolate until well incorporated.
- Line 6 of the cups of a muffin tin with wax paper muffin/cupcake liners. Add 1 tablespoon of the chocolate to each cup, tipping the muffin tin so that the chocolate spreads out to cover the entire bottom of the cup. Place in the freezer for 10 minutes or until hardened.
- Divide the cashew cream evenly between the 6 cups. Freeze for 15-20 minutes or until firm.
- Divide the rest of the chocolate between the 6 cups, tilting the pan to cover the top of the cashew cream layer.
- Sprinkle each cup with ~1/2 teaspoon of crushed freeze dried raspberries. Place back in the freezer again until hardened, about 10 minutes.