These easy vegan breakfast tacos take just a few minutes to make from soft tofu which creates a soft, fluffy tofu scramble you can’t resist.
For the Eggs:
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 (16 oz) package soft tofu, drained (Make sure it is NOT silken tofu)
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup shredded vegan cheese
- Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
For the Tacos:
- 5–6 small corn tortillas
- Hot sauce
- Add butter to a large skillet over medium-high heat to melt.
- Add the tofu, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, turmeric, and paprika. Use a spatula or wooden spoon to gently break apart tofu into large, bite size pieces.
- Sauté until most of the liquid from the tofu has cooked off. Stir in salt, pepper, and cheese. Cook over low heat until cheese is melted.
- Assemble tacos. Makes enough filling for about 6 tacos.
Nutrition info below is just for tofu egg filling, not for entire taco.
- Serving Size: 2 tacos
- Calories: 235 kcal
- Sugar: 2 g
- Sodium: 550 mg
- Fat: 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 6 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg