Prep a few ingredients over the weekend and you can toss together this fall harvest BBQ tempeh bowl together any night of the week for a healthy, filling meal.
For the Quinoa:
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups vegetable broth
For the Vegetables:
- 1 delicata squash, seeds removed and sliced in 1/3″ slices
- 3–4 carrots, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 pound brussels sprouts, halved
- 1–2 tablespoons olive oil
- Ground Black Pepper
For the Tempeh:
- 1 (8 oz.) package tempeh
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup BBQ sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a small saucepan, combine the quinoa and broth. Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Turn off the heat and allow to sit another 5 minutes with the lid on. Remove the lid and fluff with a fork. Set aside.
- On a large baking sheet, arrange vegetables evenly and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until fork tender.
- Cut the tempeh into small triangles. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake 7-10 minutes or until it starts to brown. Drizzle with BBQ sauce, tossing to coat and return to the oven another 7-10 minutes. Add more BBQ sauce before serving if desired.
- To assemble bowls, layer quinoa, vegetables, and tempeh. Top with ranch or whatever dressing you desire.