These giant double chocolate cookies take no time to whip up and taste like a fudge-like brownie but in cookie form. Simple ingredients mean these are vegan, gluten free, and dairy free.
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat mat.
- Add ground flax seed and water to a medium size mixing bowl. Set aside for 2-3 minutes until gel forms.
- Add the almond flour, almond butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt to the flax egg. Mix well with a wooden spoon. (Dough will be wet/soft.)
- Stir in the vegan chocolate chips.
- Divide dough into two and spread onto baking sheet. Bake for 22-24 minutes or until top is cracked and no longer looks wet.
- Allow to cook completely on baking sheet to allow them to firm up before eating or transferring to a container to store.
Don’t want to make giant cookies? You can also make 6 small cookies from this batter, but reduce the bake time to 10-12 minutes. The smaller cookies are softer than the giant ones, but just as tasty. Make sure to allow them to cool completely on the baking sheet for best results.
- Serving Size: 1/2 Cookie
- Calories: 311 kcal
- Sugar: 21 g
- Sodium: 225 g
- Fat: 17.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 14.5 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 30 g
- Fiber: 4.5 g
- Protein: 7.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg