Celebrate the 4th by whipping up a batch of these ginger raspberry kombucha cocktails. The raspberries and ginger kombucha complement each other perfectly.
For the Raspberry Syrup:
- 1 cup fresh or frozen red raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
For the Cocktail:
- 4.5 ounces gin
- 16 bottle ginger flavored kombucha (I used GT’s brand)
- Crushed ice
- Raspberries and fresh mint for garnish
- In a small saucepan, add raspberries, water, and sugar and bring to a simmer. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and transfer to a strainer fitted over a bowl. Press mixture through the strainer with a spoon and discard the seeds and pulp that is leftover. (It should make about 3/4 cup syrup.) Chill in the fridge completely before using.
- To assemble cocktails, add 1 1/2 oz gin and 1 1/2 oz raspberry syrup to a 10 oz glass and stir. Fill glass 3/4 of the way with crushed ice and then top it off with ginger kombucha.
- Garnish with fresh mint and additional raspberries. Serve!