Hit the reset button on your healthy diet goals with this simple grapefruit kale salad. With only 10 ingredients this salad is not only simple, but vegan and gluten free friendly as well.
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 3 1/2 cups chopped lacinato kale
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 grapefruits
- 1/2 pomegranate (~1/2 cup seeds)
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- Dash of salt and ground black pepper
- Rinse quinoa well under cold running water. Place quinoa and broth in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a simmer and cover. Cook for about 15 minutes or until most of the broth has been absorbed by the quinoa. Remove the lid and cook off the rest of the broth, about 5-7 minutes.
- Set quinoa aside to cool.
- Remove the stems and chop your kale. Place in a large mixing bowl and toss with 1/2 tablespoon olive oil. Use your hands to massage the oil into the kale.
- Peel and cut one the grapefruits into segments, removing most of the white skin. Add to the bowl with the kale along with the pomegranate, almonds, and cooled quinoa.
- Juice 1/2 of the second grapefruit and pour into a jar.Add the rest of the dressing ingredients, screw on the lid and shake to mix the dressing. Pour over salad and toss to coat and serve.