Fire up the grill and make these simple grilled tofu kebabs with red pepper sauce. The grilled tofu gets nice and crispy and that sauce is so delicious!
For the Sauce:
- 1 (15 oz.) can diced fire roasted tomatoes, drained
- 1 (7.75 oz.) jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon red curry paste
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
For the Skewers:
- 16 oz. extra firm tofu, cubed
- 1 bell pepper
- 1 zucchini
- 1 pint baby portobello mushrooms
- Wooden skewers
- 1/2 yellow or red onion
- Add the sauce ingredients to a blender and puree until smooth. Pour 3/4 cup sauce into an 8″x8″ baking dish.
- Add the cubed tofu to the dish and toss to coat in sauce and place in the refrigerator.
- Prepare your grill for cooking.
- Chop the vegetables into large pieces.
- When your grill is ready, assemble skewers. (Recipe should make 6-7)
- Cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally until blackened around edges. Brush periodically with extra sauce from baking dish.
- To serve, drizzle with extra red pepper sauce.
**Not all curry paste is vegan/vegetarian so make sure to read the ingredients label.
- Serving Size: 2 Skewers
- Calories: 251 kcals
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 193 g
- Fat: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.5 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9 g
- Trans Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 20 g
- Fiber: 5.5 g
- Protein: 19.5 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg