This hot spiced wine is the perfect cocktail for the coldest winter nights. Since it makes enough for a small crowd, invite your friends over to enjoy a glass with you!
- 1 bottle Pinot Noir (or other dry, red wine)
- 2 cups apple cider
- 1/2 orange, juiced (~1 1/2 tablespoons)
- 3–4 orange slices
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 3 whole star anise
- 8 whole cloves
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- Orange slices for garnish
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- Add wine, cider, orange juice, orange slices, honey, and cinnamon sticks to a medium saucepan and turn heat on low.
- Place star anise and cloves in a tea bag and seal. Drop into the pot with the rest of the ingredients.
- Heat on very low for about 30 minutes or until fragrant. Do not simmer or boil.
- Stir in the bourbon.
- Before serving, remove orange slices, cinnamon sticks, and tea bag.
- Serve hot in glasses garnished with orange slices and cinnamon sticks.