Skip the traditional zucchini bread and make this lemon poppyseed zucchini bread with all of your extra garden zucchini! The perfect accompaniment to your morning coffee.
- 2 cups whole wheat all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 3 tablespoons poppyseeds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup full fat plain yogurt
- Zest from 1 lemon (~1 1/2 tablespoons)
- Juice from 1 lemon (~3 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- Optional: 2 tablespoons shredded coconut for top of loaf.
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9-by-4 1/2-inch loaf pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil. Set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, poppyseeds, and coconut).
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together wet ingredients (eggs, olive oil, sugar, yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla extract). Stir in the shredded zucchini.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients bowl. Stir just until no more dry clumps are visible in dough.
- Pour dough into prepared loaf pan. Evenly sprinkle shredded coconut over top of the dough. Bake for 70 minutes or until golden brown on top and toothpick inserted into bread comes out clean.
- Transfer loaf to cooling rack and let cool for at least 10 minutes. Lift bread out of the pan using the parchment paper and let cool completely before slicing.
Recipe adapted from Food and Wine.
- Serving Size: 1 slice
- Calories: 222
- Sugar: 9 g
- Sodium: 166 mg
- Fat: 10.5 g
- Saturated Fat: 2 g
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 26 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 3.5 g
- Cholesterol: 29 mg